Project Officer – MYRRHA Proton Target Facility (PTF)
Can you piece together the MYRRHA-puzzle?
Make your mark as a Project Officer
The success of MYRRHA hinges on good project planning. According to the MYRRHA phased implementation plan, a first facility will be constructed at SCK-CEN in Mol, composed of a 100 MeV proton Linac coupled to a Proton Target Facility. This facility contains an Isotope Separation On-Line (ISOL) Target Station for fundamental research and for the production of medical radioisotopes. So there’s no time to waste! As a Project Officer, you will be responsible for the follow-up and update of the planning of the proton target facility. You will manage and monitor the project time schedule. For this, you will very closely collaborate with the PTF project leader, PTF engineers and the purchase department.
- Follow up and continuously update the PTF Project planning and make shure it is in line with the whole MYRRHA/MINERVA project.
- Manage and monitor the project's time schedule, budget, and risks.
- Follow up the purchase process and the selection of suppliers.
- Responsible for the realization of contracts with external partners.
- Keep in touch with partners and suppliers, build relationships with industrial partners, and take care of commercial follow-up.
Required qualificationsTo piece together this puzzle, you’ll need:
- a Master’s degree in Engineering or Physical Sciences
- project planning experience in an R&D environment that included strict deadlines. A basic understanding of proton target facility is beneficial.
- a pragmatic, stress-resistant, rigorous mentality.
- the capacity to react with calm under pressure and adapt the planning – even in when faced by unexpected circumstances.
- remarkable communication skills in English. Knowledge of Dutch and/or French can comes in handy.
Should you have any questions, please contact
+32 (0)14 33 83 09