ISOL@MYRRHA User workshop
The workshop will be held on 22-24 June 2022 in a full online format, in the afternoon (from 1 pm to 5 pm CET), with invited/contributed talks and discussions sessions.
Fully online (Zoom)
From 1 pm to 5 pm CET
ISOL@MYRRHA is the new ISOL facility that will be built at the Belgian Nuclear Research Center SCK CEN in Mol within the larger MYRRHA project on accelerator driven system (ADS).
In its first phase, the facility will receive a proton beam of 100 MeV with up to 500 μA on target (200 μA for actinide targets). ISOL@MYRRHA will feature a research program including fundamental research in subatomic physics, research with radioactive probes in condensed and soft matter, and radioisotope production for nuclear medicine.
In preparation for day-1 experiments after completion of the commissioning of the facility, it is now the time for future users to shape the facility to their needs and expectations on the basis of their future plans. In this first user workshop, we plan on
- Introducing MYRRHA and its ISOL facility
- Discussing the main scientific challenges that this facility could tackle
- Brainstorming on how the facility can best answer the needs of its future user community
- Shaping the user community for ISOL@MYRRHA
- Dr. Lucia Popescu (SCK CEN) – Co-Chair
- Prof. Thomas Elias Cocolios (KU Leuven) – Co-Chair
- Dr. Frederik Cleeren (UZ Leuven)
- Prof. Lino da Costa Pereira (KU Leuven)
- Prof. Ruben de Groote (KU Leuven)
- Prof. Gerda Neyens (KU Leuven)
- Dr. Jarno Van de Walle (SCK CEN)
Registration details and abstract submission information: please visit the Indico page.